Stiffness causing neck pain?
If your neck feels uncomfortable, tight or tense, you may be experiencing neck stiffness. It may be difficult to move your head up or down or from side to side. Often times, neck stiffness is caused by a simple strain of the soft tissues of your neck, but it can be a symptom of a serious condition and shouldn’t be ignored.
What causes a stiff neck?
Many daily activities can cause neck stiffness, strain or sprain, such as:
- Sleeping in a position that strains the neck muscles. Many pillows push your neck out of natural alignment and cause neck stiffness.
- Sports injuries or any activity that involves repeatedly turning the head from side to side such as swimming, golfing and tennis.
- Forward Head Posture: Poor posture while sitting at a desk or texting can strain the neck.
- Excessive stress can lead to tension in the neck and shoulders.
- Abnormal neck position for a long period, such as cradling a phone between the neck and shoulder.
Stiff neck pain can be caused by a serious condition and if it is severe and persistent, you should consult your doctor to recommend neck stiffness treatment options.
Stiff Neck - Home Remedies:
In addition to what your primary doctor recommends, try these home remedies:
- Pillow: Sleep on a medium to firm mattress with a specially designed cervical pillow for neck stiffness pain relief. PILLO1 cervical pillow is the best cervical pillow on the market. PILLO1 cervical pillows are non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and dustmite resistent made from the "gold standard" Talalay latex foam.
- Stretches: Slowly stretch your neck moving your head up and down, side to side, and from ear to ear.
- Massage: Gentle neck massage may be helpful but be careful not to get a deep neck massage when your neck is inflamed or you will be likely to increase the pain.
- Ice and heat: Use ice to relieve inflammation for the first 48 to 72 hours after stiff neck symptoms begin, then switch to heat wrap or heating pad.
These home remedies for neck stiffness are NOT a replacement for seeking medical and chiropractic care. Consult your doctor to rule out serious conditions and learn about treatment options.
Made in America, PILLO1 cervical pillow is a premium, hand-crafted pillow to prevent wrinkles, reduce stiff neck pain and restore spinal alignment. Created for back and side sleepers, PILLO1 cervical pillow is the perfect eco-friendly pillow , made of hypoallergenic non-toxic latex foam.
Learn more: www.PILLO1.com