Can't sleep? People usually experience persistent difficulty with sleeping for three reasons:
- Sleep disorders, including snoring (person and partner)
Chronic pain is a primary reason why people have insomnia or can't sleep. According to the Huffington Post, about one third of all Americans experience some kind of long-lasting pain, at a staggering cost of $635 billion a year, including treatments and productivity loss. The following sleep tips may improve your sleeplessness.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day to create a normal cycle of sleep.
- Go to bed eight hours before the sun rises to get into the correct circadian rhythm and encourage natural melatonin production.
- Exercise 20-30 minutes every day.
- Reduction in weight (if necessary) to improve breathing.
- Eating low protein, low fat meals in the evening and eat at least 3 hours before you go to sleep or a simple late night snack, such as tryptophan-producing foods, bananas, eggs, cereal and milk, and nuts.
- Finding the best pillow and the best mattress for YOU.
Tryptophan is needed for the production of two very important hormones for sleep; serotonin and melatonin which regulate sleep rhythms and create a natural, hormonal relaxant.
Many, many chronic back pain sufferers don't have the right support in their mattress. Additionally, people often awaken due to the heat that is produced next to their bodies as a result of poor breathablity of synthetic mattresses. Look to JUST SLEEP mattresses for the perfect sleep solution designed by Dr Raymond Hall, DC for the perfect support, comfort and breathability.
Finding the best pillow for neck stiffness and pain relief is one of the most important sleep tips I can give for those that have difficulty sleeping throughout the night. Sleep is a more active state than people presume it to be. In fact, approximately 90% of people change positions during the night, generally about 14-16 times, but sometimes up to 50 times a night!
The PILLO1 original cervical pillow has been designed by Dr Hall to reduce neck pain and stiffness by providing proper support and perfect comfort for side sleepers and back sleepers. It's unique patented design supports the neck's proper alignment and gives the ultimate comfort in both side sleeping and back sleeping positions.
Made in America, PILLO1 is a premium, hand-crafted cervical pillow for stiff neck pain and better sleep. Created for both back and side sleepers, PILLO1 cervical pillow is the most eco-friendly pillow on the market made of non-toxic hypoallergenic latex foam.
Learn more: www.PILLO1.com